Sodium bicarbonate ear drops
- Sodium bicarbonate ear drops can be used to soften the hardened earwax, enabling it to be removed and so relieving the problem.
.Before using sodium bicarbonate ear drops Before using sodium bicarbonate ear drops make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows:
* If you have a perforated (burst) eardrum.
* If your ear is sore or infected.
* If you have recently had surgery on your ear.
How to use sodium bicarbonate ear drops
* Before beginning treatment, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet.
* Using the drops once a day for a few days is usually sufficient. However the drops may be used twice a day if the wax is very hard.
* The best time to use the drops is before going to bed.
* If you find it more comfortable, you may warm the ear drops to body temperature by holding the container in your hand for a few minutes before use.